I read a really wonderful article by another blogger named Katie on a topic that struck me twice this week. Her "Just Wait" article reminded me of our entire engagement where family and friends gave the "Just wait- till.." unwanted advice.
- "Just wait till you've been married twenty years"- on how much love we felt for each other
- "Just wait till you're settled in"- on how excited we were coming home from our honey moon
- Or the horrible "Just wait a few years"- on our values of marriage and our detest to divorce
Call me crazy/looney/or too much of an optimist- but I don't want to hear the
- Just wait till their older
- Just wait till it all comes back to you when they're a teenager
- Just wait till - whatever dreadful memory their of children or own childhood that still haunts them.
And can down right make you want to cry.
But I want to choose to love every moment of every exhausting and frustrating God given day. We already are preparing baby for a loving welcoming to our world- we pray over baby every day, Cory talks to baby, touches, kisses, and admires with joy. And it's perfect.